Sunday, December 03, 2006

Sundays I Write Letters

RE: RECURRING DREAMS

Dear Birdie,
You’re a little late commenting on this entry, but nonetheless I thank you for leaving some dream definitions. Prior to reading the definitions, I figured that jogging meant I was content with how things are going in my life. Not that I won’t be making any transistions in the seemingly near future, but that I feel like I’m on the right track. As far as the old and the woman definitions, I don’t know.

Sincerely,
T-Bud



RE: DO YOU THINK IT’S A SIGN?

Dear KBezzie,
At first, I, too, was thinking, “what old woman?” Then, I remembered my dream. I don’t think I’ll be asking her about the old woman because of Birdie’s insightful definitions. I want to use my free question wisely.

Sincerely,
T-Bud


Dear Mom,
You can’t cramp my style if you don’t get it right. It’s “I kid because I kare,” not “I JOKE cause I kare.”

KBezzie wasn’t talking about you, unless you do want to claim to be the old lady in my way on the sidewalk in my jogging dream.

Sincerely,
T-Bud



RE: THINGS I’LL NEVER LEAVE BEHIND

Dear Mom,
I am stopping this blog because it was created for a class and the quarter is coming to an end. Rest assured, you will be updated on my straight and narrow life. You can look to my other blog. I am answering your questions in this letter.

Sincerely,
T-Bud


Dear KBezzie,
Sing it sister! You are right, I do have my old blog for which I am already planning new things. Yes, it does seem I was the only one in my class to fulfill the requirement of writing every day. This is addressed in my reflection of the class and blog assignment.

Sincerely,
T-Bud



RE: Book Review

Dear Mom,
You need to expand your personal literary canon. You read my stories, don’t you? And you enjoy them, right? Don’t tell me that you only like my stories because your own flesh and blood wrote them!

Sincerely,
T-Bud


Dear KBezzie,
Is Quilt Lit akin to Chick Lit? Is there any Man Lit? You ready for it? Here it is: Man Lit is just literature. Man Lit doesn’t need to be distinguished because it is Literature. See, women can relate to Man Lit, but men can’t relate to Chick Lit. It’s the same bullshit that makes a square a rectangle, but a rectangle not a square. Why the hell can’t we all just be people and polygons?

Sincerely,
T-Bud



RE: NABLOPOMO REFLECTIONS

Dear Mom,
I read all of your comments with the “Mom Voice” in my head. All I have to do is add “Hey, I’m coo’!” and I burst out in laughter. And then the Mini-Mom in my head breaks out in one of her signature dances. Birdie knows what I’m talking about.

What I’m getting at is that I appreciate your comments.

Sincerely,
T-Bud


Dear danelle,
Thanks for stopping by my blog. I hope to see you here often. Of course, I’m changing back to my regular blog, but there will be a link.

Sincerely,
T-Bud


Dear KBezzie,
My daily entries ended on Friday, as you know now. My classmates shouldn’t have been required to create a blog. No?

Sincerely,
T-Bud


Dear kim,
I have bookmarked your blog and will visit it again. And then maybe again after that.

Sincerely,
T-Bud



RE: REFLECTIONS ON WRITING EVERY DAY AND W4W @ PC

Dear Mom,
Lord knows that you kept up with me! I’m going to have to send you one of my books one of these days. Don’t worry, I’ll make sure it’s one that I actually enjoyed. And then, your mind will be blown.

Sincerely,
T-Bud


Dear KBezzie,
Yes, Mom does have a comment-competitive streak in her. She also has a beedie car-competitive streak in her. Although, I think she’s missing an out-of-state-license-plate-competitive streak because if I remember correctly, I whooped her boo-tay in that game on our road trip.

I’m glad that you enjoy my not-so-subtle dig. You’re right, they’ll probably never read it.

Sincerely,
T-Bud

PS. No, I don’t want to be a skank-mouthed copywriter. I’m already a skank-mouthed person. You know how I don’t like my personal and work worlds to collide.



RE: I DID IT!

Dear KBezzie,
Isn’t that little elf Will Ferrell from “Elf?” That’s who I thought it was. Which reminds me, I have that movie—props go to Bub—I’ll have to watch it sometime soon.

Sincerely,
T-Bud


Dear Mom,
Geezus. It’s “I KID because I KARE.” You can’t cramp my style if you’re not going to do it properly. Haha!

You need a blog. Make it a quilting blog. Perhaps you could find some people to sponsor you underground. And then you could pretend that you always say things like, “I love using GUTERMANN HAND QUILTING THREAD (available in 64 colors). But my hand is starting to hurt from all of this sewing (and because I’m old). I bought a HANDEZE THERAPUTIC CRAFT GLOVE. It works like a dream! My needle hand feels fantabulous!”

Seriously.

Sincerely,
T-Bud

2 Comments:

At 12:39 AM, Blogger Bezdecny Family said...

Would Tom Clancy count as Man-Lit. I don't know any women that read that crap. Do you ever see women buying Tom Clancy at Borders?

 
At 5:07 AM, Anonymous Birdie said...

Oh I so know what you're talking about. I haven't seen the "I'm really, really coo'" Mom dance in forever! Note to self: make Mom dance this winter break, have a good laugh, and then tell T. all about it. Hahah!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home