Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Things I’ll Never Get Tired of Hearing

This past weekend a customer told me that he liked my moves. It was pretty funny. I thought to myself, do I like being told this? The answer is, yes. Inspired by that comment I present to you a list of things I’ll never get tired of hearing. These are all things people have told me.

“I like your moves.”
“You have beautiful eyes.”
Any positive comments about my glasses.
“God you have beautiful hands!”
“Where are you from?”
“Are you from the Midwest/Canada? You talk like you are.”
(These last two I like because it gives me the opportunity to tell the person I’m from Alaska which is a way better story than I could ever make up.)
“T. Budnik.”
“T-Bud.”
“T.”
“I’m going to call you T. Bone.”
“We’re having chicken for dinner.” (Chicken, did you say chicken?)
“You’re evil.”

Conversely, there are a couple of things I don’t ever want to hear again and didn’t really want to hear in the first place. Once again, these are all things people have said to me.

“I have your picture on my screensaver.”
“Do I know you?” Oh, a pick up line, I’ll play along.
“You look like my friend who has a blood deficiency, but she’s a bit shorter.” Nope, not a pick up line.
“I’ve got to go change my plumbing.”
Referring to breasts as “sacks of fat hanging from the chest.”
“You don’t intimidate people with your personality. It’s your overbite.”
“I want to write a book on my life.”
“You’re an angel.”

Enjoy!
T-Bud

2 Comments:

At 9:05 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

I'm sorry, we're going to have to call you Coco. We already have a T-Bone.

 
At 1:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

NO! NO! I want to be called Coco!!! Do you all watch a little too much "Seinfeld"? And so some freind has a blood disorder? Why would a person bring that up when they have just met another person? Love, Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home