Sunday, November 05, 2006

Sundays I Write Letters

Can I offer you some coffee, hot cocoa, or tea? Well, really I only have hot cocoa and water from the tap. Are you sure you don't want anything? At least have a seat so we can properly chat.

RE: SUNDAYS I WRITE LETTERS

Dear KBezzie,
I must state that if someone is romantically single with children, the proper way to note them as such is “single mother” or “single father.” Anyone who is romantically single without children is “single.”

I generally hate magazine sites if they’re just an accompanying a print version. I need meat to my Internet reading.

Sincerely,
T-Bud


Dear Mom,
I have not come across many people who craft here in The ATL (chick-a-chick-a-wha). Shoot, there isn’t even a good craft store. The art supply stores kind of crossover into craft stores, but because they are art supply stores, everything is pretty much overpriced. So, I am no longer surprised that we couldn’t find Threads here.

Sincerely,
T-Bud



RE: THE BEST MAIL DAY EVER

Dear KBezzie,
Yes, the chicken come peacock is fantastic.

I generally don’t get bills in the mail. I do everything online. Ah, so much easier.

Williams & Sonoma catalogs are good, no?

Sincerely,
T-Bud


Dear Mom,
Such is the life living in a fairly empty nest. To my credit, I changed my mailing address for pretty much everything. I just have to get them to stop sending credit card applications to that address.

Sincerely,
T-Bud



RE: THINGS I’LL NEVER LEAVE BEHIND

Dear KBezzie,
Haha! Now you know how it feels when people talk about things that never happened when you were around or old enough to remember. There’s a whole set of “old place” and early 320 memories that only you big kids have.

Perhaps it’s best you never were around when this devil was made.

Sincerely,
T-Bud


Dear Birdie,
Good god! I forgot it was a French-speaking devil. Makes sense because I drew the devil right in the height of my Frenchy-era.

Sincerely,
T-Bud


Dear Mom,
I do enjoy my wooden devil. He stands at attention to the side of my computer speaker and right next to the polar bear pez dispenser you sent me last Christmas. (The pez dispenser still has candy in it—there’s another keepsake for you.)

Sincerely,
T-Bud



RE: CHARACTER SKETCH

Dear KBezzie,
Deborah went on strike. Anything for an extra day off.

Don’t be jealous of my Taurus.

Sincerely,
T-bud



RE: I LOVE THIS CEREAL.

Dear KBezzie,

I don’t think they put this kind of cereal into bags. Although I like to save money, who ever said that I like to waste less?

I kid because I kare.

Sincerely,
T-Bud


Dear Mom,
I like that: I didn’t grow up poor, just enlightened. I don’t think that they put the same cereal into different boxes. Otherwise, the name brand cereal would have had just as many almonds.

Sincerely,
T-Bud



RE: CH-CH-CH-CHECK IT OUT! NO. 04

Dear Kbezzie,
Yes, what a buttmunch.

Sincerely,
T-Bud


Dear Mom,
Hey, don’t diss on my bookmarks. I chose three sites that I don’t visit regularly. These were just sites that were getting dusty.

Do you belong to an underground quilting cult?

Sincerely,
T-Bud



RE: THIS TRAFFIC IS MAKING ME CRAZY.

Dear KBezzie,
I will tell it. You know what else makes me crazy? People who drive BMWs, Mercedes, etc., and only go about 25-30mph on Peachtree. The speed limit is 35mph and if there’s no traffic, you can easily go 45mph. Come on, fancy car drivers, don’t make me pass you in my super-sweet Ford Taurus.

You’re gonna have to work the math on that gas problem. I don’t do math problems like that anymore. Not since the English Majors’ Math I took my freshman year.

Sincerely,
T-Bud


Dear Mom,
Here’s the funny thing: you walk to work and you live in Palmer. Walking to work tends to be a big city thing. Not for you.

I sure hope you’re crossing at the light. Arctic can be dangerous. I remember the good ol’ days before they put the light in. Many times I’d make a run for it and hope the motorists going 45mph on the 35mph road would have the courtesy to stop for me or at least slow down.

Sincerely,
T-Bud

2 Comments:

At 3:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

HA! I beat that KBezzie to the comment page! That is cause her internet is down, same with her phone! Good replies. So you think that wallking to work is a big city thing? Why do you say that? Take it easy, and word up! Love, Mom

 
At 7:41 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Dude, you of the enlightened gender studies should be most sensitive to the labeling of single people with offspring by annotating their parental status. Those of us with children do not define ourselves solely through our kids.
Watch out or I might have to start calling you "single non-breeder." Wuhahahahaha!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home