Thursday, November 30, 2006

NaBloPoMo Reflections

I stumbled across the NaBloPoMo event by hitting the random blog button in Blogger. Someone had just joined and was discussing the month-long event. It was almost midnight on Halloween when I read about it and I contemplated it on my own, but didn’t decide to do it until after discussing it with KBezzie via MSN Messenger. By the time I figured I’d give it a try, it was well after midnight. KBezzie helped me out. She’s a time zone behind me so she sent an email entering my url before midnight.

Throughout November I’ve used the NaBloPoMo Randomizer to scope out other participants’ blogs. All are very interesting and it was fun to see how many people had actually kept up with posting every day. Some hadn’t, but a lot had. I even received at least two comments from other participants who found my blog via the randomizer and felt my blog was interesting enough to leave a comment. I, too, did this with a couple of blogs.

Keeping up with my Stat Counter, I saw that I got a lot more hits. A majority of these hits came from either the NaBloPoMo Randomizer or from Google searches. Because I’ve been blogging daily, there’s a lot of content on this blog thus increasing the number of Google search hits.

So, I didn’t make any blog friends through this program, but it was fun to participate in something larger than the community I belong to. I felt like I belonged to the community of NaBloPoMo-ers who all were simultaneously blazing the daily blogging trail.

If NaBloPoMo happens again next year, count me in.

Enjoy!
T-Bud

4 Comments:

At 12:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok! It is now almost 9PM where I am and you are making an entry for the 30th? What the heck! Like I've said before----Don't you ever sleep? I have and excuse to be up at this time cause it is not bed time for me. And I hear that laughter!!! Don't make me come down there and make you stop! And can you believe I beat KBezzie to the comments!!! Love, Mom

 
At 3:13 AM, Anonymous danelle said...

Saying hello via the randomizer!

 
At 9:20 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Aw man, is this the end of the daily entries? Or is it the end when your class ends?

Your classmates should have signed up for NaBloPoMo.

P.S. A good way to get blog followers is to comment on their blogs.

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger Kim said...

Hey--hi! I just saw your comment on Power Love. I'm glad you checked it out. Hope you come again. So, now I'm checking out your blog. And adding you to my list of daily-checked blogs. How many times can I say "blog"? A lot, apparently.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home