Friday, November 24, 2006

Ch-Ch-Ch-Check it out! No. 07

Alright, folks, this isn't about three websites. It's about Internet Explorer. A few days ago, my computer prompted me to download the latest version of this program. "Oh alright," I sighed clicking the "Download Now" button.

Oh sweet heaven! Have they been spying on me? Because this version is pretty much what I've been needing. It's as if they were like, "T-Bud, we've noticed your Internet habits and we want to make it easier for you," way before I even knew that my Internet experience could be improved.

At first it wasn't happy. I couldn't find my favorites. A little "Help" research led me to the bright star button on the left side of the tool bar. Then, I discovered the tabs. If you like to have multiple pages open at one time because you're like me and don't think linearly anymore, then you'll notice that your task bar gets a little cluttered (sorry Mac users, I'm not really talking to you). These Internet Explorer tabs are different windows. All while only having one window showing on the task bar. My only complaint is that when I click on a link that opens a new window, it doesn't start a new tab, it opens a new window on the task bar. Beggars can't be choosers.

Here's a screen shot:

Screenshot

Notice that I have three websites open but only one Internet Explorer window on my task bar.

Enjoy!
T-Bud

1 Comments:

At 8:50 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Meh, I'm ambivalent. I downloaded it and I'm not sure I like it. I'm glad to hear that the "favorites" button threw you for a loop too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home