Friday, November 17, 2006

Ch-Ch-Ch-Check it out! No. 06

Since I was 5 I've been a student full-time. It's only now that I'm going to school year-round that I've been able to work a single job for an entire year (before the closest I came was being on leave without pay--LWOP--while I was in school). In honor of my student status, I give to you my alma maters. Sorry Portfolio Center, I'm just not done with you yet.

Palmer High School

I'm sad to see that my favorite English teacher isn't listed on the staff page. But, Wolfgang Winter is. If I remember correctly he was cool enough to call me down to his office during my Spanish class simply because I wanted to. Check out that photo of the school. Those mountains are all real, baby! There's no photoshop in those. Damn, I miss the mountains.


University of Alaska Fairbanks

U-A-F--NANOOKS! U-A-F--NANOOKS! Not much interesting to say about this. Fairbanks is a cold town. Hockey games are fun. And, watch out for that English Department.


Academy of Art University

When I started, it was just a college. This was probably the best damn thing that happened to me during my undergraduate years. I earned a "Foundations in Advertising Online Award of Completion" from this school. I kid you not, that's what it's called. Basically, I took four courses (spread over the course of two summers and my senior year of college) that introduced me to advertising and needed skills . I love, love, love the fact that I did this all online. They were damn good classes, too. From my AAU instructors I received a whole hell of a lot more attention than from instructors I've sat in the same room with for three hours a week. And, for everyone who complains about high tuition, try shelling out $1500 for one (1) class.

Enjoy!
T-Bud

2 Comments:

At 11:11 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Ha ha, too funny. I recognized only a small handful of names on that list of faculty at PHS. And about half were just Palmer Trash that appear to have obtained jobs there.

Hey, I've got three alma maters too. And check it, UNC were the bears. Could a UNC Bear kick a UAF Nanook ass? Ponderous.

 
At 1:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok! I write this in the dark---I have no real schools to look back on. The High School that I went to no longer exist. And the college classes that I took were just done on base at the education building or a do-it-yourself class. But I do remember my high school years as ones that were pretty boring and nonproductive. Love, Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home