Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Book Review: Things You Should Know: A Collection of Stories by A. M. Homes

thingsyoushouldknow

My favorite thing about this book is the badger/penguin on the cover. The stories weren’t great. Most of them tried to go beyond reality, but for me, didn’t go far enough. In the end they just seemed contrived—as if the author was trying too hard to make things work.

A lot of the stories included the raunchy. Now, I’m not an opponent of raunchy, but I want raunchy with a reason. I couldn’t find any reason for the raunchy some of the stories touched. In the end, it seemed like the author used raunchy ‘cause she could.

The story that I came the closest to liking was “Rockets Round the Moon.”

Enjoy!
T-Bud

2 Comments:

At 1:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok? And why should I read this book? It sounds like you didn't like it that well so why should I even try it? Besides it has nothing to do with quilting or sewing. You know the only non-quilting and sewing books that I read are by Steinbeck. Love, Mom

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Good grief we need to get mom reading something else. Well besides Steinbeck and Quilt Lit. Hee hee.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home