Thursday, November 09, 2006

Banana Stickers

Today I went to the grocery store to buy some fruit for my lunches this weekend. It seems that people sometimes get a kick out of what I eat for lunch when I'm at work, so I’ll tell you. A peanut butter (no jelly) sandwich, a piece of fruit (I prefer peaches, nectarines, and plums), and either a granola bar—“chewy bar” to some of you—or a geedunk. I guess peaches, nectarines, and plums are out of season and I’m not an extreme fan of apples, plus there’s a high rate of getting a ranky apple, so I settled with bananas.

ANYWAY, this was the sticker on one of the bananas.

Bobby Banana

I inspected the other bunches and they all had a sticker of Bobby Banana wearing pilgrim garb in a couple of different poses. What’s up with this, Dole? Chiquita owns banana mascots. I just did some research. It seems this Bobby Banana is part of the 5-A-Day gang. The question I’m left with is this gang of fruit with alliterative names working? Are kids eating their fruits and vegetables?

ANYWAY, ever since I made my fruit bowl, I can’t throw away fruit stickers. On my refrigerator you’ll find a magnetic notepad. There are no notes written, just fruit stickers. Check this out. If only these promotional stickers were used more often. My fruit bowl does include some “The Grinch” movie orange stickers, so that counts for something.

fruit bowl

Enjoy!
T-Bud

3 Comments:

At 9:49 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

I'm still working on my fruit bowl. I will admit that it's weird that while you were making that bowl I was covering my "Essential Recipe" book with fruit and veggie stickers at the same time unbeknownst to the other. Great minds baby. Great minds.

I think Bobby Banana is kind of cute. If they had an Andrew Apple, I would DIE!!!. You realize I'm going to have to check out Dole's website now for more information on this!

 
At 12:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know you both are weird!!! And by the way T----I dropped your bowl and it broke into a million peices!!!! Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!! I Joke I did show it to Juni, the other day and she liked it. And Yes! I still save my fruit and veggie stickers. It is a habit now!!! I'm easily manipulated!!!!! Love, Mom

 
At 5:43 PM, Blogger Melissa said...

I like the bowl. I tend to forget that the stickers are there and bite through them.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home