Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Things I'll Never Leave Behind

devil

This one doesn't have significance like, "I worked there for four summers and three winter breaks" or "I lived there for 22.5 years." My wooden devil is just something I've always had on my desk since college.

I remember Mom had this dowel with this round topper in her sewing room. She'd keep it buried in fabric on her table and would use it to shut off the grow lights for her plants. Us kids would steal it and play with it. For some reason I thought it would be a good idea to draw a devil face on the round topper. Mom probably wasn't too happy. She didn't even like us playing with it.

When Mom finally used the dowel for a curtain rod, she had to trim it up. She cut off the devil. Surprisingly, she saved the devil for me. I've had it ever since.

Enjoy!
T-Bud

3 Comments:

At 9:27 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Um yeah that must be a post 1999 phenomenon. I don't remember that dowel.

 
At 1:15 AM, Anonymous Birdie said...

C'est bon...c'est bon, c'est bon, c'est bon.

 
At 1:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

And I saved it just for you! And see...you are keeping it as a keepsake!!?? The strange things that make a person happy! Glad that you enjoy that thing. Love, Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home