Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Things I'll Never Leave Behind

VoilĂ ! Observez-vous:


aklicense


Here is one of my two Alaska license plates. I don't claim to be one of those people who collects license plates for fun despite the fact that back home you'll find the plate from Vanna Green, a Texas plate from my parents' Monte Carlo (which formerly belonged to my younger-older brother--hence the Texas plate), and an Alaska vanity plate that says "MUSH." (Mush--is a story for a different day.)

I like these plates because they came off of my very own first car. Second, they're Alaskan and I kinda like Alaska. I was contemplating leaving the front one on my car because here in the fine state of Georgia you only need a back plate. But, I figured that it'd looked a little too shady.

These plates will stay with me.

Enjoy!
T-Bud

2 Comments:

At 4:57 PM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Damn Southerners don't like Alaskan on your car anyway. It's a good thing you took them off.

I've got 2 OLD AK plates from the Tempo; 2 vanity AK plates, one reads "Bugs" the other "O1 Born" (that's Andrew's); two MI plates (but I've got two more coming); and considering that we'll probably leaving TX, I'll have a TX plate to add to that collection.

Such is the life of the nomad.

 
At 1:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boy, are you all nomads or something? I guess your father and I didn't reach you all when we bought a house and lived in it till...well we die, I guess. Moving can be fun but it is a lot of work and time adjusting. I grew up doing that moving thing every couple of years. I didn't like it. Some places are better visited than lived at. Hopefully you all will find your "Home". Love, Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home