Sunday, October 29, 2006

Sundays I Write Letters

Welcome, friends, to Sunday when I write back. I know that our communication is taking place through this crazy thing called the “Internet,” but honestly, when I receive your comments and write back, I feel as if we’re old friends enjoying a chat in front of the fireplace sipping on warm mugs of hot cocoa (served with a hint of Grampy’s cough syrup, of course). So, dear friends, let’s continue our chat.

RE: SUNDAYS I WRITE LETTERS

Dear Mom,
Yes, I am true to my word. The only time I’m not true to my words is when I lace them with sarcasm and mockery.

Don’t worry about coming along for my move. We’ll figure something out.

Rest assured, you’ll probably be one of the first people to know when I get a job and make plans to move.

Sincerely,
T-Bud



RE: EACH AND EVERY DAY

Dear Mom,
You better getting writing. I want to read those stories. You’re right about writing down little tidbits. Maybe I’m young and foolish, but I don’t feel the need to immediately write down everything that strikes my fancy. I do know that I’ve got to make a note of the shirtless guitarist I’ve seen twice climbing Stone Mountain, though.

Sincerely,
T-Bud


Dear KBezzie,
Thank you for your comment.

Sincerely,
T-Bud



RE: THINGS I’LL NEVER LEAVE BEHIND

Dear KBezzie,
I think when you say “Southerners” you mean “the Texan(s) who stole my bumper stickers.”

Yes, such is the life of the nomad. Perhaps to my collection I’ll ad a Georgia plate and acquire a Wisconsin or Maine plate for my car.

Sincerely,
T-Bud


Dear Mom,
I probably won’t be a nomad all my life. I’m sure that there will be a time when the urge to settle hits me. But for now, without anyone to hold me back, why not travel?

Hmmm...some places better visited than lived in...like Iron Creek, Yukon Territory, Canada?

Sincerely,
T-Bud



RE: USE CASE

Dear KBezzie,
Thank you for correcting my use case. But, Deborah Tuttle doesn’t have children to tuck in. She is a single 35 year old.

May I take the opportunity to have you look over my homework in the future as your corrections prove helpful and fruitful?

Sincerely,
T-Bud



RE: ANTHEM MAGAZINE REVIEW

Dear KBezzie,

I have made the correction. Please view Anthem Magazine.

Sincerely,
T-Bud

PS. You could have googled the damn magazine.



RE: ASK ME A QUESTION

Dear KBezzie,
Yes, she did want me to make the decision for her. Everyone wants decisions made for them. That way, they can blame someone else when something doesn’t taste as tasty as they were told it would be.

I can’t believe you. Of all people, you do not know what a tiramisu is. Are you pulling my leg? It’s a dessert of sorts.

Sincerely,
T-Bud



RE: CH-CH-CH-CHECK IT OUT! NO. 3

Dear KBezzie,

Please see Mom’s comment about writing things down to use in future writings. Although I didn’t write down leaf peeping on any physical paper, I did make note of it for future reference. It did come in quite handy.

Sincerely,
T-Bud


Dear Bobby Griffin,
Thank you for visiting my site and leaving a comment. I do not appreciate, though, you using the comment space to push your own site. I am a student of advertising and your cheap tricks aren’t fooling me.

Sincerely,
T-Bud



RE: HALLOWEEN COSTUME

Dear KBezzie,
I went as Theresa Buttlick last year. It’s not so difficult.

Sincerely,
T-Bud

PS. Ah, I kid because I kare.


Dear Birdie,
Feel free to steal the costume idea. It wasn’t my idea, really. My friend came up with it. Shhh.

Thank you for visiting. I hope to see more comments from you in the future.

Sincerely,
T-Bud


Dear Mom,
Yes, some people don’t think outside their circle. I personally like to pretend to do this, but really I’m watching.

I should have some pictures sometime in the future of my costume. Think way into the future. My digital camera batteries were dead so I had to take the pictures with my crappy dinosaur camera.

Sincerely,
T-Bud

2 Comments:

At 9:19 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Dear T.,

I must state that you can be single and still have children.

And I did eventually google Anthem. I hate magazine sites that don't give you anything of substance but just act as teasers for the print versions. But I suppose they have to feed their families too.

 
At 12:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen! to that! Why have a webstie if all you are doing is teasing for the printed version. You can put more on the web site and the teasers. That way you have people coming to see when the print version is coming out and reading the website. Not that I do that for any magazine. There is one magazine that I go to on the web and that is THREAD. Remember we could not find it there in Atlanta. It is a good mag and the website is more than a teaser. Love, Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home