Saturday, October 21, 2006

I love work.

Inspired by Kendra's post about why she loves her job, I'm going to discuss what I love about working.

Oh retail, whenever I climb onto a pedestal, look around and think, "Geez, I am the most intelligent person here!" you always send someone to remind me that, no, I'm not because I can't answer a seemingly simple question.

Oh administrative work, just when I think that I'm doing okay, you send me some creepy old guy to hug me at the copier.

Oh work, you keep me from being a Run of the Mill Grad Student who has nothing better to do with their time than "squeeze in" a game of raquetball in the afternoon and hit the pub each and every weekend.

You cheer me up. You keep me connected with the real world. The real world of rude, happy, absurdly rich, fun, funny, creepy, interesting people. And for that, I love you work.

I used to joke that I only worked to "stay in touch with the people." It's not a joke, though. The money is necessary, but staying on planet Earth is great.

Enjoy!
T-Bud

2 Comments:

At 9:26 AM, Blogger Bezzie said...

Mmm, well work is hard.

 
At 4:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So are you trying to tell us that you work with and for "Stupid People"? But you like doing that. I think that you need to come back home and work up here. Love, Mom

 

Post a Comment

<< Home