Saturday, October 14, 2006

Elvis Presley's Twin

Today at work this guy who I've seen pretty regularly asked me if I had a sister named Danielle. If you haven't heard me talk about this before, I get this all the time. I've been mistaken for someone who was in a juvenile detention center (the guy who asked me that one had been there himself), but usually it's just someone's sister. Usually, I make up some story. I pulled out the waterworks for the guy who asked me if I was in the juvenile detention center and told him I didn't want to talk about it. (He bought it.)

At work, though, I can't really make up stories. I wear a nametag. So, I had to play out my story in my head. Now, this guy who knows Danielle looks like Elvis. If I was on my own time, I would have told the man, "No, I don't have a sister named Danielle. But, you know, you, too, look like someone I know. Do you have a brother named Jesse? (Okay, I know Elvis's twin died at birth and this doesn't make too much sense, but I swear the Elvis-man would have been stumped.)

Enjoy!
T-Bud

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home